Thursday, August 25, 2011

Too many quilt blocks

Last year I bought Davina Thomas’ book 200 quilt blocks to mix and match
Davina Thomas at Amazon and proceeded to make block after block using fabric that was on hand. It was a great learning experience, but finally I realized I had well over 100 blocks and no plan.







Regrouping, I put together a quilt top using the green, white and black blocks.




And several blocks were finished into mini quilts for the Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative. http://www.alzquilts.org/index.html






This is a great cause and one I will continue to support. However they obviously prefer “arty” quilts over plain blocks. So I am trying to come up with ways to tart up some of the remaining blocks.

The blocks already submitted are off to the big Quilt Show in Houston in November. Crossing my fingers that they sell and raise a lot of money for Alzheimers research.



Some blocks I have sorted in groups similar in color and hope to make something with them. A wall hanging or lap quilt? I am not quite sure how to go about this. Suggestions?


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Macro Monday2 Nov 6, 2017

Fern Leaf